Membership Meeting 2nd Wednesday of the Month 4:00pm Location of the Meeting: IAM Local 1781:1511 Rollins Road,Burlingame, CA 94010
- TCU-IAM Leader Urges House Members to Hold Amtrak Accountable on Systematic Campaign of Union Busting November 13, 2019WASHINGTON DC, Nov. 13, 2019 – Jack Dinsdale, National Vice President for the Transportation Communications Union (TCU-IAM) today testified before a House Transportation and Infrastructure subcommittee. Dinsdale, a longtime Amtrak worker, detailed a changing culture with the nation’s passenger rail corporation that today includes workers living “in fear for their livelihood and careers.” “Under its […]
- Order Your 2020 IAM Calendar November 13, 2019Keep track of your appointments and other important dates with the 2019 IAM Calendar featuring winners of the IAM photo contest. Go through 2019 with us as we showcase the exquisite photography of our members. The post Order Your 2020 IAM Calendar appeared first on IAMAW.
- We Honor Those Who Serve November 12, 2019Across North America this weekend, union members came out in force to honor veterans for their military service. Today The Union Veterans Council worked to share valuable resources with homeless Veterans in the Washington, D.C. area…. Posted by Union Veterans Council, AFL-CIO on Monday, November 11, 2019 The IAM shares a special bond with our […]
- Tomorrow’s Trains November 12, 2019Being on the “fast track” rarely can be taken literally, but in Hornell, NY IAM Transportation Department Local 2741 members are just that. As part of their work, these proud transportation Machinists are building the first American-made high-speed trainsets. Bringing production of the state-of-the-art train to rural New York is the result of a campaign […]
- Virginia Senators Want Answers from FreightCar America November 12, 2019U.S. Sens. Mark Warner and Tim Kaine are questioning the decision of FreightCar America to close its Roanoke, Va. plant and lay off 200 workers while the company opens a new production facility in Mexico. The Roanoke workers are represented by TCU-IAM. “We write to you to register our concern that FreightCar America has chosen […]
- Minnesota IAM District 77 Receives ‘Volunteer of the Year’ Award for IAM H.E.L.P.S. Events November 12, 2019Minnesota IAM District 77 and the IAM Midwest Territory’s “IAM H.E.L.P.S in the Community” program was recently recognized by a St. Paul nonprofit organization dedicated to serving families inflicted with poverty, substance abuse, mental health, and domestic violence. FamilyWise Services presented District 77 with it’s 2019 “Volunteer of the Year” Award in recognition for the […]
- A Veterans Day Message November 11, 2019There is no way we can thank enough those who have served and continue to serve our great country, but on Veterans Day, we must try. These brave men and women and their families sacrifice every day to ensure our freedom. The IAM is fortunate to have thousands of veteran members and owes each of […]
- TCU Supports – ATU President Asks for Help for Striking Workers at Transdev November 9, 2019ATU Local 689 is engaged in what is now a 16-day strike at a recently privatized WMATA Metrobus garage in Lorton, Virginia. Transdev, a French multinational contractor, now operates the garage. No workers have left the picket line to return to work and Transdev, desperate for cash, will go to great lengths to break the […]
- Thank You to Our Heroes November 9, 2019Dear Sisters and Brothers, This weekend we honor the men and women who have served our great nations through military service. These selfless veterans set aside personal needs and took an oath to protect our freedoms and us. For their duty and sacrifice, we are forever grateful. Our mission at the Machinists Union is […]
- US Congressman Dan Lipinski Visits TCU METRA Worksites in Chicago November 8, 2019Pictures of TCU Members this week when US Congressman Dan Lipinski visited TCU METRA worksites around Chicago. Congressman Lipinski spoke to TCU Members, and gave a hand in the workplace. Click here to view the pictures. The post US Congressman Dan Lipinski Visits TCU METRA Worksites in Chicago appeared first on IAMAW.