Membership Meeting 2nd Wednesday of the Month 4:00pm Location of the Meeting: IAM Local 1781:1511 Rollins Road,Burlingame, CA 94010
- DOD CIVILIAN PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT AND APPRAISAL PROGRAM February 24, 2017DOD Performance Appraisal Program The post DOD CIVILIAN PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT AND APPRAISAL PROGRAM appeared first on IAMAW.
- What You Need to Know About Government Changes to RIF Procedures February 24, 2017Many IAM and NFFE-IAM Department of Defense Locals have received this letter: Policy and Procedures for Reduction in Force (RIF) in the Civilian Workforce. The policy is dated January 19, though you probably received it later. It was issued as a result of a change in law contained in the 2016 National Defense Authorization Act […]
- IAM Midwest Territory Mourns Passing of Labor Leader Ed Garvey February 23, 2017Ed Garvey – longtime Machinists friend and icon among Wisconsin progressives – died Wednesday morning. He was 76. Garvey, a nationally-known labor attorney, was a personal friend to former IAM International President William W. Winpisinger. “He played an instrumental role in Winpisinger buying the land for Placid Harbor,” says former Wisconsin IAM District 121 and […]
- IAM Members Had Hand in a Groundbreaking Planet Discovery February 23, 2017The universe wouldn’t know about a newly-discovered solar system full of Earthlike planets, all of which could have liquid water, without the ingenuity and skill of Machinists Union members. Astronomers announced Wednesday that a telescope orbiting Earth had detected seven warm, rocky planets orbiting a star just 39 light-years away. It’s the most terrestrial planets […]
- House Hearing Targets Federal Unions February 23, 2017A House hearing on the federal government’s tracking and use of union “official time” is the latest hit in a growing list of attacks on the federal workforce. Federal employees are permitted by law dating back 40 years to address concerns of collective bargaining unit members. The law explicitly prohibits union activities while on official […]
- IAM Mourns Death of Retired Grand Lodge Representative Steve Williams February 23, 2017Steve E. Williams, a 71-year IAM member who served as a Grand Lodge Representative in the IAM’s Southern Territory for 30 years, passed away on Monday, February 20. Williams, a lifetime member of the IAM, was 97 years old. Williams was the organizing director for the Southern Territory. The IAM loaned his services to the […]
- Showcase Your Work in the IAM Newsletter and Website Contest February 23, 2017So you write news stories or build websites for the union. Why not get recognition for your hard work? The entry deadline is May 5, 2017. The post Showcase Your Work in the IAM Newsletter and Website Contest appeared first on IAMAW.
- Better Hurry: IAM Scholarship Deadline is Friday February 23, 2017Everyone could use some help with tuition, and the IAM Scholarship Competition is a good place to find it. But you better act fast because the submission deadline is Friday, February 24. Click here to see the eligibility rules and download applications. The IAM awards scholarships to: Children of IAM members (parent or guardian) applying […]
- Civil Service Workers to Unite at Government Employees Conference February 23, 2017Join government workers from all different sectors and parts of the country at the 2017 National Government Employees Conference September 17-21, at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. The conference will be a great leaning experience with government representatives, expert subject matter speakers and panel discussions to help sharpen your communication and representative skills. Each federal […]
- I.A.M. C.R.E.S.T. Hazardous Material Enhancement Awareness February 23, 2017During an IAM C.R.E.S.T. hazardous goods training program (Train the Trainer) at Local Lodge 1979, the group took a break for a surprise visit from District 141 President Mike Klemm. The post I.A.M. C.R.E.S.T. Hazardous Material Enhancement Awareness appeared first on IAMAW.