Membership Meeting 2nd Wednesday of the Month 4:00pm Location of the Meeting: IAM Local 1781:1511 Rollins Road,Burlingame, CA 94010
- IAM Firefighters Honor 9-11 First Responders October 16, 2017IAM member firefighters at Lockheed Martin in Texas gathered in Dallas for the annual 9-11 Memorial Stair Climb, an emotional event aimed at honoring fallen first responders who died 16-years ago. Machinists there also raised money for an important non-profit called the Texas Line of Duty Death Task Force, an organization that provides compassionate care […]
- IAM conference highlights Free College for Machinists October 16, 2017Day three of the IAM National Government Employees Conference in Nevada included a presentation by Eastern Gateway Community College in Ohio about its free tuition program for Machinist members and their families. You can apply at FreeCollege.goIAM.org. . The post IAM conference highlights Free College for Machinists appeared first on IAMAW.
- Cost of Living October 16, 2017October 2017 Consumer Price Index (CPI) Consumer prices in the United States increased by 2.2 percent year-on-year in September 2017 (Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers CPI-U), above the 1.9 percent increase in August. The September number missed market expectations of 2.3 percent. For the month, the index increased 0.5 percent prior to […]
- A View from Above October 16, 2017Check aerial footage of the beautiful William W. Winpisinger Education and Technology Center in Hollywood, MD. The venue, which is owned and operated by the International Association of Machinists, is the only large-scale training center in the American labor movement. The post A View from Above appeared first on IAMAW.
- Nothing Less than Excellence October 16, 2017As NAFTA negotiations continue in Washington, Richard Trumka, president of the AFL-CIO, recently met with union leaders and politicians. After a several-hour meeting of labor minds, Trumka says working-class leaders didn’t waver and strongly agreed on mandatory conditions of a new NAFTA model: good jobs and great pay. The post Nothing Less than Excellence appeared […]
- NAFTA Update October 13, 2017IAM Chief of Staff and Director of Trade and Globalization Owen E. Herrnstadt talks about the NAFTA trade agreement with Tanya Hutchins. The post NAFTA Update appeared first on IAMAW.
- DL 141 Delivers Record-Breaking Donation to the IAM Disaster Relief Fund October 12, 2017On the opening day of District Lodge 141 Chairman’s Conference, District Lodge 141 President Mike Klemm presented Transportation General Vice President Sito Pantoja a check for $250,000 to the IAM Disaster Relief Fund, the largest donation in the history of the program. The DL 141 Executive Board made and approved this motion in response to […]
- Fix NAFTA October 12, 2017IAM recently joined other organizations in delivering more than 350,000 petitions demanding that NAFTA’s expansive corporate rights and protections and Investor-State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) be eliminated during renegotiations. ISDS allows corporations to sue countries for alleged discriminatory practices, with outcomes determined by panels of private corporate attorneys who help advance the interests of corporations. .@janschakowsky […]
- IAM Awarded Nearly 400K October 12, 2017The IAM has been awarded three Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service (FMCS) grants totaling nearly $400,000. FMCS grants are available to labor-management partnerships aimed at defining and confronting workplace problems and developing long-term solutions. The three grants were awarded to IAM District 190, IAM District 15, and IAM Local 701. IAM District 190’s […]
- The Little Engine That Did October 12, 2017It was 1967 and the world looked very different than today. The Vietnam War was raging. O.J. Simpson was having a stellar year as a running back at USC. Elvis Presley married Priscilla in Las Vegas. The world’s first human heart transplant was performed. And in our own backyard, IAM Local Lodge 2297 in North […]